Thursday, June 11, 2009

Sweet Caroline...

Caroline Evans Davis June 11, 2009 6:06 PM 8 pounds 0.2 ounces & 21 inches long
My dear friend, Paige, welcomed her first child into the world earlier tonight. I had the privilege of being in the delivery room with her throughout the day and the delivery. Paige and JD struggled with fertility for a long time and I was finally able to talk her into (who's am I kidding...I finally forced her to) see Dr. Williams. After a year of trying with him they were finally able to conceive. The picture above and the ones that follow are some of my favorite moments from the day... Paige and JD did not find out what the sex of Baby D was. So I spent a couple of hours making a boy door hanger and girl door hanger. Both were so much fun! (And, yes, Paige kept the boy one...just in case for #2!)
The girl door hanger...
Paige's daddy read all day long! I have no idea how he was able to concentrate with all of the "table talk" (JD's phrase) going on in the room! Valerie watching the monitor with the baby's heartbeat and contractions...
"Baby D"
JD waiting on Baby D's arrival...
Valerie & Melissa (Paige's sister) watching the action...
Dr. Williams
It's a girl! Baby Caroline and Mommy sharing a special moment...
Daddy & Sweet Caroline...she had him wrapped around her little finger in a matter of seconds! Congratulations Paige and JD!

0 comments: