Sunday, November 15, 2009

Cabbage Patch Doll...

In the last few weeks Cousar has taken notice of all of the Christmas things around him...Christmas trees, Santas, Reindeer...We've even starting watching Christmas cartoons alreay! Each time he mentions Christmas he reminds me that he doesn't like Santa and has no plans to sit in his lap this year...I present Exhibit 1 and Exhibit 2 to argue his case...

Christmas 2007
He was young enough then that I was able to toss him in Santa's lap and run out of the picture quickly before he knew what happened...or so I thought...He knew then he wasn't a fan of the white beard...
Christmas 2008
Barrett was young enough to do the Santa lap toss...Cousar was having no part of it though. So I joined in the picture. I am not sure what the photographer said to make him smile, but if you look closely you can see the puppy dog tears...
And so here we are at Christmas 2009...I want to have their picture made with Santa - but I know it will be a tough pose to get out of both of them this year! I think it's a right of passage for every child to stand in line for their turn to tell the Big Guy what they want for Christmas. I can still remember waiting in line to see the Oxford Mall Santa. The closer I got the more nervous I was but I fought thru it so that I could make sure that Cabbage Patch doll would be under the tree on Christmas morning! I think most years I just ran by him and yelled what I wanted!!!

0 comments: