Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Price of Freedom - Boots on the Ground - CBN News

They Call Them Heroes - Boots on the Ground - CBN News The Price of Freedom - Boots on the Ground - CBN News The above links are to a couple of articles written about the mission to rescue Donnie Carwile (Jennifer Lamb Carwile's husband) on the day he was killed in Afghanistan. In the first article the author does not know he is writing about Donnie. In the second article he does, and with the article, there is a very moving video of the rescue. I cannot imagine what Jennifer has been thru since August. Her loss is so unimaginable and yet it occurs daily to military wives in our country. I have no doubt that God is carrying Jennifer and her precious girls through this time... For as long as I can remember, Jennifer has been a part of my family's life. She and Kim have been friends for ages. And there are so many stories that could be told about those two! The funniest of which is the two of them stealing the Olds Mobile 98, aka "The Tank." They thought it would be fun to take it for a spin down University Avenue. They were 14 years old! Well while driving down University Avenue they saw Mama's best friend, Innette. And instead of hiding, they waved at her...yes they waved!!! The first instinct for most people stealing a car would be to duck but not those two...they waved! Since this was before the advent of cell phones, I'm guessing the drive home for Innette was the longest ever! She probably couldn't get there fast enough to call Mama. To make matters worse, when Mamma and Daddy confronted them, they both denied it! I'm afraid those two may pay for their raising one day! The other memories involve Jennifer falling down...falling out of the minivan into the middle of the street at church one day, and falling on the way to the limo on her wedding day! Jennifer just laughed both occasions off! Mostly, I am very thankful for Jennifer's thoughtfulness. She and Donnie struggled to get pregnant just as Justin and I did. One random night, she called me out of the blue to tell me a about a doctor in New Albany. This doctor had been very successful in helping some people she knew get pregnant. I ended up seeing Dr. Williams, and Justin and I were expecting Cousar within a year. And because of her phone call I have many more friends who had fertility difficulties that now have little ones running around! Who knows where we would be now if Jennifer had not been kind enough to make that phone call? Please keep Jennifer and her girls in your thoughts and prayers.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Correction to the story. We stole the van. Mama took the tank because she thought I had been driving it and she didn't know I had a key to the van. Also, Jennifer waved I didn't (I got on to Jenn for waving). Innette said if I would have waved she wouldn't have thought a thing about it. Yeah, we have a lot of paying to do!!!