Saturday, May 16, 2009

Raining AGAIN...

This morning we had nowhere to be...our first free Saturday morning in several weeks! It was raining AGAIN...so I needed something creative to do with the boys inside...and play dough came to mind...playing with play dough was a first for both boys (at least at our house) and I am happy to report that every bit of it stayed in the kitchen! Cousar went to work right away...using the cookie cutters, cutting "pizza" with the knife" (don't worry, grandparents! It is plastic and dull! ), and rolling the play dough to make balls...

Barrett observing Cousar closely! He usually does this when they play together...takes in everything Cousar does, and then immediately copies him! He did eat just a tiny bit of play dough when I had my back turned! (The green slobber and funny face gave him away!) I think it was enough to keep him from ever doing it again! (One great thing about a pacifier - it tends to keep B from putting foreign objects in his mouth!)
Cousar making a snake...or rather, taking Mommy's snake apart...and, yes, that is a big tub of green play dough! It was originally for the kids to play with at Barrett's green themed birthday party, but I forgot to put it out!
All of the snake making and cutting with knives freed me up to work on my couponing! I am soooooo behind!
Our next activity was a bath (which is why Cousar was topless in the picture below), and then
Sweets called... "Hello...Sweets, Sweets. Hello...Where are you, Sweets?"
"You won't be back until, when?"
"Sweets, let's say our months together...May, June, July, August, September, October...I'll be driving by then!!!"
"Oh, thank goodness. You'll be back to see me before then! I need someone to get control of Mommy, Daddy, and Barrett!"
Next up was lunch...even though it felt like we had just finished breakfast...
Cousar no longer wants to sit in his high chair for meals...he wants to sit in a "big" chair like Mommy and Daddy...if only we could figure out how to get him to stay in it for the entire meal!
And Barrett no longer wants us to feed him with the spoon. He wants to do it himself...you can well imagine the number of outift changes in our day now...

0 comments: