On most Saturday mornings you can find me and the boys at Square Books, jr. for story time. It is one of our favorite Saturday activities! In fact until this past Saturday, we had not been to story time for a couple of weeks. I didn't think Cousar even noticed. Then last week, every time we left the house he said he wanted to go to story time! When we left to go on Saturday, he clapped and said "Yay! Story time!" I hope that when they are older that this will be one of their favorite childhood memories.
Story time starts at 10 every Saturday and is followed immediately by an activity relating to the story. They even serve lemonade and butter cookies (the ones with the hole that's just the perfect size for little fingers!)!
The store has quickly become one of my favorite places in Oxford! It is so bright and cheerful! It has an unbelievable selection of children's books, and the Melissa and Doug toy selection is wonderful! Plus most of the toys for sale are also out for the children to play with! Cousar loves the Melissa and Doug castle and Barrett loves the shakers! The staff is so friendly and I've never once heard them complain about the mess left behind after story time ends. (And we are usually there for at least an hour after because Cousar never wants to leave!!) The pictures below are from Story Time on Saturday, February 21.

Baba's Chair - where the story time reader sits. I'm guessing there is probably a story behind the label on the chair, but I've never heard it.

I'd like to say Barrett is listening intently to the story in this picture, but I think he is watching Cousar eat a cookie!

Barrett perusing the puzzle section.

Cousar reading a Bob the Builder book! I love this bench!

Barrett playing.

Cousar reading another book. We came home with this one and a bull dozer book. He picked both from the sale rack! (I couldn't be more proud!!) We don't come home with books every time. In fact, I think this may be the first time that we've come home with any!
0 comments:
Post a Comment