July 5, 2009
Do you know what a cicada is? If you don't, ask Cousar...he can tell you all about them. Last week the boys and I were outside one night and Cousar said, "What's that noise?" I didn't hear anything unusual. So I asked him what noise...and he said "that noise, like this" and he started rubbing his hands together. Right away I said crickets and he quickly informed me that crickets were not making that sound - "cicada make that sound" and he demonstrated the motion of a cicada rubbing its legs together again! Turns out he had received a short science lesson from Sweets and Pops on Wednesday when he asked what the sound was...and he remembered!!! My little genious...
I was going to post a picture of a cicada on here, but I couldn't stand to look at it every time I pull the blog up!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment