Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Putting up squash and decorating wagons...

I felt a little bit like Martha Stewart tonight...Justin's garden has been quite successful so far this summer, and we have lots of squash that he can't eat fast enough! (I know this won't be a surprise to many of you, but I am not a big squash eater.) So I did my research (what did we do before the Internet?) and tonight I "put up" three bags of squash...

First I cut the squash into 1" slices...
Then I boiled the water...
and added the squash... The squash had to boil for 3 minutes...so I set the timer on the microwave... After 3 minutes, the squash went straight into a bowl of ice water and then into the colander to drain...
While I waited on the squash to drain, I put the last touches on the wagon for tomorrow's daycare parade around the Square...
Lots of stars and red and blue ribbon...
While I had the red and blue ribbon and hot glue gun out I made the door hanger for Lauren's (Corey and Mike's daughter) first birthday party on Saturday...Can you guess the theme?
Then I put the squash in Ziplocs, wrote this post, and now I'm headed to bed! I never get this much done in one night...

0 comments: