Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Top 10 List...

On Friday night we took the boys to the 4th of July Street Dance on the Square. Soule was playing! They played at our wedding reception...I couldn't wait to hear them play again...The boys on the other hand were not as excited when I tried to explain the street dance to them...

I took exactly 86 pictures during the dance...I promise not to post them all...instead I have narrowed them down to a Top 10 List...
So without any delay here are the top 10 things to do at a street dance on the Square...
10. Hang out in the middle of the crosswalk! It's the only time in his short life that I think he has even stood in one...
9. Play with the glow in the dark necklace that Mommy put on you way too early...the glow was gone before nightfall...I was too excited to wait!
8. Play a game of "Let's see who can catch Barrett first!" Seriously, we all three spent the night chasing him down! The child cannot sit still...
7. Dance of course...And those of us who are really talented can complete this task and task number 9 at the same time...
6. Play with the cones blocking off the sound system...He tried his best to pick them up but I think they weighed more than him!
5. Make new friends...Kate is great at introducing herself, her family, and her friends to everyone she meets! She will be a rush chairman one day!
4. And see old friends...Ruby is in Barrett's class at daycare. I think she was pulling him in for a kiss! I am sure that he obliged!
And Cousar found Sam who is in his class...
3. Realize after about an hour that you are standing in front of Square Books, Jr. and whine until Mommy takes you inside! We missed about an hour of the dance because of this...I have to admit it was a great place to cool off though!!!
2. Eat cotton candy!!!
1. So there is not a number 1...but a Top 10 list sounds a whole lot more fun than a Top 9 list!!!
We did have a great time, and I hope going to the dance becomes one of our annual 4th of July traditions!

0 comments: