Monday, September 29, 2008

The Candidates

I was able to get pictures of Senator McCain but not Senator Obama (although Senator Obama came out and waved at the reporters before and after the Debate). Both candidates entered the Ford Center underneath a big tent. The first series of pictures are of Senator McCain's motorcade and were taken as he left the Ford Center after his walk thru...

Many of you have already heard this story before...but for those who haven't...
On the first night of our honeymoon, Justin and I ate dinner at Nick's in Niceville, Florida. Nick's is across the bay from Destin. It is a hole-in-the wall restaurant that we only knew about because we had eaten there with Justin's parents before. The restaurant reminds me a lot of Taylor Grocery. While we were waiting on our meal we noticed Senator McCain in the restaurant. He was having dinner with a large group. This was prior to the days of everyone owning a digital camera. All we had was our cheap throw away...I attempted to take a couple of pictures without being obvious, but none of them turned out...if only we'd had the digital I would have known to take others. We even tried to get him on video...that didn't work either. His picture is hanging in the restuarant from that night...After the election on November 4th, Justin and I may be able to say that we have had dinner with the President (sort of)...
That night is one of the reasons I didn't mind taking pictures of all of these people at the Debate...opportunities like this only come around once in a lifetime.
The picture above is the arrival of Senator Obama and his traveling press.
His big bus......
Secret Service everywhere...
Secret Service talking into the hand mike...

0 comments: