Friday, September 26, 2008

Ear Infections and the Debate

It's been a while since I've posted mostly because of the subject header. Barrett has had an ear infection the entire month give or take a few days, and I've been super busy working the Debate...that may not even happen. Some notes/moments/thoughts from the last few weeks...
-This picture was taken on Wednesday night with my phone...I think it may be the only picture I have with both of them looking at the camera. As you can tell they look nothing alike. It's such a surprise because on April 16th Barrett came into this world looking just like Cousar. They are the sweetest boys ever. We are so blessed!
-Cousar loves school now. His teacher is Ms. Lisa, and she is wonderful! He finally has some consistency every morning! Our new routine when we get to school in the mornings: He puts his backpack on and walks in. He presses the elevator button, and when we get to the 1st floor he walks down the stairs by himself. (He let me help at first, but now he is Mr. Independent.) We drop Barrett off with Ms. Zandra and Ms. Mervet (both fabulous as well - I really think Barrett loves Ms. Zandra more than me!). Cousar ususally plays with the other kids while I put away bottles and sign Barrett in. We walk across to his room. He helps me hang up his bag, and then he gives me a kiss. He then takes off to the play ground waving by. It is such a bitter sweet moment in my day. I'm so sad because he's growing more independent, but I am also so happy that he doesn't cry when I leave him anymore. And Barrett is too little still to realize that I'm leaving him...
-Barrett and I went to the football game Saturday night with our friends Gerald and Lauren. He stayed awake for the entire game, and never cried once! Everyone around us kept talking about how good he was. Cousar missed the Grove and the game. He and Justin spent the day together at a hunting expo in Tupelo and then dinner at Pizza Den. He was out like a light when we got home after the game.
-My job during the debate this week has been to act as the University's representative for the McCain campaign to make sure they have everything they need in their various work spaces around campus. It has been such a neat experience. Everyone with his campaign has been so nice, and I feel like I'm playing a part of history. My picture was on the home page of the Clarion Ledger on Wednesday for a few hours after McCain's request to postpone the Debate.
I really think that we will read about this week in the history books one day...the week that the face of the American economy changed forever...maybe even the debate that ultimately won/lost the election for either candidate. As I'm typing this Fox News just announced that McCain is in fact coming! Thank goodness...at least we aren't losing again in the 4th quarter! I guess I will have a busy day after all now!
Inside the "fence" is like a little city. There are golf carts buzzing around everywhere. Secret Service, production crews, University volunteers, media, and satellites are in every direction. I'm going to post pictures soon. Tonight I'll be in the media filing center with Greta VanSusteren and Hannity and Colmes among others...and down the hill from Sheperd Smith's production...all in little bitty Oxford.
I'll try to post pictures...In the mean time, go Rebels! Beat the Gators. (I'm not really counting on it!)

0 comments: