Eight years ago today we lost my mom to cancer. I cannot believe it has been that long. I'm not sure how old I am in this picture - probably between 18 months and two years (right around Cousar's age now). I look at her in this picture and try to imagine what she is feeling and thinking when she is looking at me. My guess is that they are the exact same feelings and thoughts I have when I look at Cousar and Barrett. I wish she were still with us for so many reasons (all selfish ones)-to encourage me as a wife to Justin, to spend her retirement years taking care of her grandchildren, to teach me how to cook, to tell me that I'm a good mother, to remind me how old I was when I crawled for the first time and said "MaMa" for the first time, to assure me that everything will be okay...
I was so blessed to have her for 23 years, but there are so many days that those years just don't seem like long enough.
5 months ago
2 comments:
I miss her so much. I almost broke down at the office when I saw this one. I think this year has been harder because I'm now a mom. She was the best ever and I only wish our children would have gotten the chance to see that!
That was the sweetest most heart thought blog message..you need to let your feelings out and express them in words this way. You are a wonderful mother, they are so lucky to have you in their lives.
Post a Comment